Welcome to another Fall season of wonderful opportunities to connect with God, one another, and the world! You’ll find below some of the highlights of our programming from September to November 2016.
- Church 101. Three Wednesday evenings, beginning September 7 at 7:30 PM at the church. This is for all who are preparing for a baptism, wondering about ‘belonging” in a church community, or simply wanting to explore the very basics of what it means to “be Christian” in an open, questioning, affirming community.
- Faith Discussion Group. Four Thursday mornings, beginning October 13 at 9:30 AM at the church. This group will be discussing Violence Divine, a DVD study series by eminent Bible scholar, John Dominic Crossan. http://www.livingthequestions.com/xcart/home.php?cat=497
- Lunch and Learns. Beginning Sunday, October 23 at 11:45 AM, and monthly throughout the Fall and Winter at the church. The CD ministry is partnering with the Caring Community ministry in offering more of our successful sessions after Sunday worship. This fall, the focus will be around helping us to care for one another (with less fear and more confidence) in everyday situations. We’ll explore topics like “How to listen when someone is grieving/sad/angry” or “How can I be more confident when visiting a friend/family member in hospital?” Bring your own lunch.
- Faith on Tap. Want a time/place where you can enjoy connecting with one another, with your faith, and with the world – over nachos and a half-pint? We currently have a group for young adults which meets regularly on the Plateau, and are planning to inaugurate another one in Pointe-Claire Village. Check out Upcoming Events for dates and locations.
- Texts and Textures. Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 9 PM, and Thursday mornings from 9:15 to 11:45 AM in November/Advent. Rev. Elisabeth will be leading this exploration of the Bible with a “midrashic imagination”a Bible study with a unique twist. Pick the time that works best for you!
Want more? Check out the opportunities to be involved in Family Activities