As we continue to engage with what it means for us to be Caring Community, we are discovering new connections within and beyond our walls:
- Lively, imaginative worship for all ages, and spiritual practices throughout the year connect us with God and inspire us to live God’s Dream;
- Ministries for children, families, youth, adults and seniors connect us more deeply with one another;
- Our partnerships with local caring organisations, and our Syrian refugee response project are creating life-changing connections close to home and around the globe.
Whether you connect with Cedar Park United on Sunday mornings, or during the week, or via the web, it takes the investment of all our collective volunteer time and talent, our generous financial donations, and the wise use of our buildings to bring about positive change in our own lives, and in the world.
How you can connect
- Find out more about our Caring Community, and all the opportunities available to you to enrich your life and faith by participating.
- Complete the Time and Talent form. This helps us to connect your talents with the opportunities that can make the most difference.
- Let us know how much of the Cedar Park United ministry budget for 2017 you think you can support with your financial donations by completing the Financial Donations form.
Click on these links or scroll down to find out more. Please respond by the end of October.
Have a look at the Caring Community at Cedar Park United page
Please print one copy of the Time and Talent form for each adult, teen and young adult in your household. Use a pen or pencil to circle the areas in which you would like to connect. Hand deliver, mail or scan/email your forms to the Church Administrator. You will have received an email from the Church Administrator – please reply to the same address. Then expect a call from or conversation with one of our ministry team leaders.
The Financial Donations form is editable (you can actually type in the spaces and tick the boxes on your computer). Please save it and email it back to the Church Administrator. Alternatively you can print it and complete it in pen and then hand deliver, mail or scan/email your form to the Church Administrator. You will have received an email from the Church Administrator – please reply to the same address.
Our overall budget for 2017 assumes our collective donations will be approximately $210,000, which is slightly higher than in 2016. This budget is designed to support the ministry vision as outlined above and it takes into account some anticipated increases in salaries for our talented paid ministry leadership team, Rev. Elisabeth’s sabbatical coverage for fall 2017 and some increases in costs related to building use. Some 140 families and individuals support our ministry with their donations in varying amounts. Donations of all sizes are welcome. If you value what we do, please give generously to financially support our ministry.
Here is a brief summary of where our money comes from and where we use it.
The size of donation varies a lot. For you information here is an analysis of 2016 donations to support local ministry based on the Financial Donation forms received in 2016